Mining is the act of using computational processing power to verify transactions on the Feathercoin network. As a reward for this effort a miner is given Feathercoins. Mining can be done on either computer processors (CPUs) or graphics cards (GPUs), however at this time GPU mining is the most efficient and best publicly available option. Check out the forums for the latest information.
- Miner-X (Java GUI frontend for SGMiner)
- Cudaminer (a ccminer optimized for NVIDIA cards)
The Feathercoin community really tries to push P2Pool as a best option for mining. P2Pool provides a good combination of pooled mining with the decentralization of solo mining.
- http://p2pool.neoscrypt.de – A list of P2Pool nodes (currently p2pool doesn’t work for feathercoin)
- Mining Pool Hub
- Feathercoin.colabacoin.com – no fee, donations go the the feathercoin donation address
- and more. To list your pool, contact an admin on the forums